My work explores the relationship between Jungian archetypes and football chants.
With influences as diverse as Blake and Miles Davis, new insights are synthesised from both simple and complex structures.
Ever since I was a student I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of relationships. What starts out as vision soon becomes corroded into a tragedy of power, leaving only a sense of what could have been and the prospect of a new understanding.
As shimmering forms become transformed through diligent and academic practice, the viewer is left with a clue to the possibilities of our future.
- Senior Nutrition and Meal Time October 18, 2016Many seniors lack good nutrition which is dangerous for both their physical and psychological health. Seniors may miss companionship and the feeling of a shared family experience at meal time. This lack of socialization means that seniors who live alone may be more at risk for poor nutritional health. Some key factors to consider when thinking about […]
- Diabetes and Your Mouth September 6, 2016Here are a few of the recent statistics on diabetes according to the American Diabetes Association: 1. Nearly 30 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes. 2. Another 86 million Americans have prediabetes condition in which blood glucose levels are higher than normal but are not high enough for a diagnosis of […]
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Financial Access to Dental Care Among Medicare Beneficiaries August 9, 2016According to AARP, the U.S. population ages, an increasing number of older adults — especially racial and ethnic minorities — risk not having their oral health needs met because they cannot afford to see a dentist. This raises health, quality-of-life and health equity issues for all older Americans. Now is the time for federal and […]
- Ways to Prevent Loss of Hearing July 11, 2016Here are some tips to prevent loss of hearing If earwax blockage is a problem for you, ask your doctor about treatments you can use at home such as mineral oil, baby oil, glycerin, or commercial ear drops to soften earwax. If you suspect that you may have a hole in your eardrum, you should consult a […]
- Medicare Questionnaire- Find the Right Plan For You! June 22, 2016If you’re like most people, you find Medicare frustrating and complicated. In fact, according to a recent survey, over 50% of boomers find Medicare confusing (or do not understand it at all). That’s where the Medicare Questionnaire comes in, a 1-minute assessment tool created by the nonprofit National Council on Aging. Taking the Questionnaire can […]
- Older Drivers- Tips for Safety on the Road! June 14, 2016Are you worried about your driving skills? Are you uncomfortable when a friend or family member gets behind the wheel to drive? · Read about the effect of stiff joints and muscles, vision and hearing changes, and slower reaction times on driving safety. · Find out about dementia and driving ability. · Learn what to […]
- Promotion Toolkit: A State of Decay, Vol. III May 16, 2016Interested in helping us promote A State of Decay in your area? Download the Promotion Toolkit (PDF 593 kB) What is A State of Decay? A State of Decay by Oral Health America (OHA) is a state-by-state report of the oral health of the country's 65+ population and the success or failure of states to address those needs. […]
- Caring for a Personal with Alzheimer’s Disease May 5, 2016At some point in Alzheimer’s patient’s life they will need constant care and attention. With every aspect of daily living becoming harder to complete individually. Some instances would include: Bathing Get the soap, washcloth, towels, and shampoo ready. Make sure the bathroom is warm and well lighted. Play soft music if it helps […]
- MyPlate for Older Adults April 14, 2016The Tufts Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (HNRCA) partnered with AARP Foundation in conjunction with the updated 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans to revamp MyPlate for Older Adults. The new plate gives special attention, with the expertise of AARP Foundation, to fully target various demographics and food access issues relevant to the 50+ population. Here is the link to […]
- National Public Health Week April 8, 2016Every year, during the first full week of April, Oral Health America joins with communities across the country to observe National Public Health Week (NPHW) to recognize how public health improves our daily lives. View our blog post on oralhealthamerica.org, as well as this promotional video and infographic presented by American Public Health Association.
- Senior Nutrition and Meal Time October 18, 2016